Category : Pajama Program
Pajama Program provides new pajamas and new books to children in need. These children live in shelters and group homes and are shuffled between temporary living facilities. Many of them have been abused or abandoned, and have never enjoyed the simple comfort of having a mother tuck them in at bedtime and read to them.
The Miami Chapter of Pajama Program, a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to delivering new, warm pajamas and books to children in need – many of whom are without parents and/or permanent homes.
Especially throughout the next few weeks Brosda & Bentley we will utilize its social media presence to again make a little difference in Miami-Dade County – and get new pajamas and new books into the hands of young children and teens in need.
The gift of a new pair of pajamas and book can provide children in need with a glimmer of hope and a feeling that someone cares about their well-being.
“When Brosda & Bentley delivers pajamas and books we also deliver all of our donor’s compassion, affection, hope and a loving reminder to each child that he/ she is not forgotten and that he/ she belongs. And these are not just empty phrases!” Katerina Brosda of Brosda and Bentley states.
To follow are some unnerving statistics:
- 1 in 5 American children live in poverty – a higher rate than any other developed country except for Romania. (2013)
- More than 16 million children in the United States – 22% of all children – live in families with incomes below the federal poverty level. (Source: National Center for Children in Poverty)
- More than 3.5 million people are homeless every night, and 1.35 million are children. (Source: National Coalition for the Homeless)
- Of the 31.1 million people living in poverty, more than 12 million are children. (Source: Open Door Mission)
- The average age of a homeless person in the United States is 9 years old. (Open Door Mission)
In a recent interview with one of the Receiving Organizations that Pajama Program supports, a staffer pointed out that “The pajamas and books make [the children] feel ‘normal,’ like regular kids, like they are included in a normal part of life. Most of them haven’t had what they’d call ‘normal’ experiences.”
“I know this is the Season of Giving and there are many great organizations asking for your support. I personally feel strongly that children are the most vulnerable in our society and that’s why my family in conjunction with all Brosda & Bentley employees and I are collecting pajamas and books, now in our 9th year.” said Brosda.
If you can pay it forward, I would like to ask you today to either mail a brand new pajama and or book to our main office or come to our building personally and drop off your gift with the front desk personnel in the lobby (Mondays-Fridays).
If you can give more, please do so – there is no limit to giving. We have 3 deserving organization in Miami-Dade County that are urgently awaiting your gifts and the more we collect, the more additional local organizations we can support in their care and love for the forgotten children.
Thank you for your support in advance.
More information on this program click this FLORIDA REALTORS link: